Join Govinda for this rare opportunity to deepen your yoga practice in this week long intensive at Casa Bagus in the tradition of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois of Mysore, India. All levels of practice are welcome.
The practice of Ashtanga Yoga as established by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois of Mysore, India is a dynamic system that consists of a precise sequence of poses (asana), breath control (ujjayi pranayama), a gazing point (drishti), and internal energetic locks (bandhas). Each pose in the sequence is a preparation for the next, and is traditionally practiced in sequence.
The combination of breath, movement, and focused awareness begins to generate heat (tapas).
There are two traditional ways in which Ashtanga is taught: in a led class, where the vinyasa system is counted out loud, or in a Mysore-style class, with everyone going through the asana series individually, at his or her own pace.
Yoga is above all experiential. It is your own experience that will always be your truest and best teacher.
“99% practice, 1% theory. Do your practice. All is coming!”
- Pattabhi Jois
- Mon Dec 4 5:30 am till 8:30 am Morning Mysore
- Tue Dec 5 5:30 am till 8:30 am Morning Mysore
- Wed Dec 6 5:30 am till 8:30 am Morning Mysore
- Thu Dec 7 5:30 am till 8:30 am Morning Mysore
- Fri Dec 8 5:30 am till 8:30 am Morning Mysore
- Fri Dec 8 7:30 pm till 9:30 pm Kirtan
- Sat Dec 9 8:00 am till 11:00 am LED Primary Series
- Sat Dec 9 2:00 pm till 5:00 pm Yoga Philosophy
- Sun Dec 10 8:00 am till 11:00 am Intro to Intermediate Series
- Sun Dec 10 2:00 pm till 5:00 pm Yoga Philosophy